[TYPO3] TemplaVoila fields become unmapped

Arthur Ketcham aktypo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 03:32:15 CET 2006

Hello,

I am an administrator on a site that uses typo3 4.0, and we use
TemplaVoila exclusively for our templates. I have noticed on occasion,
the mapping fields in these templates could come upmapped. This happed
a lot more often in the older versions of typo3. Now it happens
especially if I am making a slight modification to a template.

For example, I might add a new link in the template, or change an
image, nothing major at all. When I open the template in the BE, and
do set and save, the template breaks. I have to go through and remap
everything, and that is a real drag.

It seems to me that there should be a simple "one button" approach to
refresh a template, without having to remap, save as (very clunky UI
here), and then reselect my CSS included files, etc. Perhaps AJAX
would greatly improve the interface for this too.

If someone with detailed knowledge of TemplaVoila answers, please shed
some light on how TemplaVoila's mapping works under the hood. I
haven't found much documentation about it.

Thank you,

Art Ketcham
Web Services,
Walla Walla College