[TYPO3] TemplaVoila fields become unmapped

shikeb shikeb at srijan.in
Tue Dec 5 08:43:18 CET 2006

Arthur Ketcham wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am an administrator on a site that uses typo3 4.0, and we use
> TemplaVoila exclusively for our templates. I have noticed on occasion,
> the mapping fields in these templates could come upmapped. This happed
> a lot more often in the older versions of typo3. Now it happens
> especially if I am making a slight modification to a template.
>
> For example, I might add a new link in the template, or change an
> image, nothing major at all. When I open the template in the BE, and
> do set and save, the template breaks. I have to go through and remap
> everything, and that is a real drag.
>
> It seems to me that there should be a simple "one button" approach to
> refresh a template, without having to remap, save as (very clunky UI
> here), and then reselect my CSS included files, etc. Perhaps AJAX
> would greatly improve the interface for this too.
>
> If someone with detailed knowledge of TemplaVoila answers, please shed
> some light on how TemplaVoila's mapping works under the hood. I
> haven't found much documentation about it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Art Ketcham
> Web Services,
> Walla Walla College
> http://wwc.edu

Hi Art K.,

even I agree with what you have to say, but it would have been better if
you had posted this message on the templavoila list rather than here. It
will help everyone more and if anyone else has this query they will
easily find the answers by targeting the right list and it will not
clutter other lists. I hope you share the feeling. Good luck.

--
Syed S. Rahman.
shikeb at srijan.in

Srijan Technologies India Pvt Ltd.