[TYPO3] BE user predefined template selection

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 30 16:39:30 CEST 2006

It depends upon how simple the templates are and how many columns or
text editing areas there need to be?

Many people perfer using templavolia but I happen to dislike it. Yet
still a good read of modern template building 1 (MTB1) and then MTB 2+3
will also allow you to set up different templates and selectors. There
are also extensions that allow users to select template sand such, but
never having used any of them I can't comment on any of them.

Personally if its a simple design I prefer using the page layout option
(to which I can rename and add more options as I need). I then use a
conditional in my TS template and tell the CMS which html template to
use based upon that page field.

And then for some users you can enable the field and for other users you
can disable the field via the user/user group setup. And using
typoscript int he page TSconfig field you can remove the layout field
for some sections altogether no matter what the user/group setting is.

Anything more complex and we create more columns, and more 'logic' via
TS configuration.

hth