[TYPO3] Typo3 Taking too much memory?

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 29 19:54:25 CEST 2006

Hi, thanks for the replies everyone.

As for phpmyadmin, yes, I do have phpmyadmin through cpanel.  Here are
the stats for my typo3 database which is being used:
11,181 Records    9.0 MB Size   	1.2 MB Overhead

Note, I also have a IPB forum installed for 2 years, and up until a few
months since I have started to really use Typo3 4.0 I have never had a
problem.  Here is it's stats which are MUCH larger:
2,258,165 Records  	338.0 MB Size 	193.4 KB Overhead

This is the messages in my email dialogue I got from my hosts in regards
to an error I had with AWStats (a different software, unrelated) on my
server:

"It appears the same problem has occurred today. [About AW Stats]  You
will need to upgrade to a higher level VPS package.  You are recieving
errors due to your memory failures.  This is caused by your mysql
connections.  Today you had over 133 connections."

"It appears that when you have over 150 processes running that as a
total of them combined they all consume memory which cause the failures.
  When I was watching your processes from the top command they were all
consuming almost equally the same amount of memory. It was just a total
of them all combined which causes your VPS to burst past its memory limits."

Yes, I am interested in improving typo3's speed.  However, right now my
entire site, including the forums, seems to be effected - to a point
where they are urging me to purchase a new hosting package, which I feel
is not needed at all because my site is not that large to constitute one
(not to mention not bringing in the necessary revenue yet).

Is Typo3 the problem?  If so, how can I reduce the amount of mysql
memory it uses?

Thanks for the replies everyone.  :)