[TYPO3] Problems with sr_feuser_register

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Aug 28 22:42:08 CEST 2006

Hello William,

> OK so I have sr_feuser_register installed... I followed the directions
> and well users can register but the "confirmation" part doesn't seem
> to work.  I am using Typo3 4.0.1 and sr_feuser_register 2.5.0.  The
> part in the config directions I am getting stuck on is:
>
> 7. Create a fourth page, also under the first one, setting the access
> general option to "Hide at login". Insert the Front End User
> Registration extension, leaving the CODE empty and setting the
> Starting Point to the System Folder that will contain the front end
> user records.  Note that the access restriction should be set on the
> page, not on the content elements. Set the TS template constant
> confirmPID to the page id of this page.
>
> What in that is telling it to confirm a user????
>
> Thanks,
>
> Billy Strader
> WebPool

As I know sr_feuser_register are using confirmation emails. The fourth page
are the page the user are presented with when clicking one of the links in
the confirmation mail. Read registration process in the manual.

Even if it not directly stated in the manual, sr_feuser_register need a working
mailserver, at least for outgoing mails.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no