[TYPO3] Hosting typo3 on a vps?

He Shiming (NOSPAM) mailbill at 21cn.com.nospam
Mon Aug 28 13:13:08 CEST 2006

"Nagita Karunaratne" <nagita.k at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.473.1156754636.11906.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Shared hosting is much cheaper but it can also be much slower. I have used
> shared with T3 and had a bad experience.
>
> I am running a test instance on a VPS with 96 MB and it is not bad. In 3
> months it has not given any problems.
>
> I don't know how a big site will do but you may need more memory. You can
> start with a small plan and add more if you have problems.

By "not given any problems", do you mean you experienced a performance
boost? My website is not that big, and the situation is not that bad with my
shared hosting account.

But when I turn debug on, I saw that the pages take somewhere between 500ms
to 1200ms to generate. And cached pages take 95ms to 250ms to generate. I
manually published some of the pages into static files, and of course, the
performance improved dramatically.

Did you measure the page generation time between shared hosting and VPS?

Best regards,
He Shiming