[TYPO3] preserving content element when a page is deleted

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Aug 26 22:15:00 CEST 2006

Nagita Karunaratne kirjoitti:
> Content elements are contained by the pages they are on so when you
> delete a
> page you also delete the content element as well.
>
> If I am right about that, is there anyway to assign a content element to a
> folder automatically when its containing page is deleted so I can add the
> content element to another page later.
>
> Thanks.

AFAIK not at this moment. Note, that you delete also all records,
which relate with installed plugins.
This has a nasty hole.
If some uninstalled plugins have records, those records are not deleted.
When you check database integrity you information about records without
related pages.
That is as such ok - because Typo3 can't know without any information,
which tables belongs to Typo3.
List of installed extensions gives that information.

All Typo3 records starts with fields 'uid' and 'pid'
  - but also non-typo-tables can use that system.

database can contain also non-typo tables and Typo3 can't automatic
delete data if it found such 'pid' value, which are in the list of
pages, which should be deleted.

I wrote this just that you would be aware of this problem.