[TYPO3] w4x_backup

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 12:51:48 CEST 2006

> When I try to create a backup file, the process
> stops suddenly at approximately 100 MB. And, of
> course, that the generated archive is not valid.

Make sure you really do have enough web hosting space left. Mailboxes fill
up quick and are not always showing the real space used.

If space is okay my advice is to try backing up manually first using the
usual commands.

Try some of these:

# cd to target directory
# tar the folders
# mv them to /var/www/html/cms/backups/

# backup mikewaite
cd /var/www/html/cms/website/

tar -czf backup_current.tar.gz ./typo3conf/ ./fileadmin/ ./uploads/

mv backup_current.tar.gz /var/www/html/cms/backups/

cd /var/www/html/cms/backups/

mysqldump -uxxx -pxxx --opt dbname > dbbackup.sql

Run these sorts of commands from the shell and see if you experience
problems. The error messages will normally be displayed to help you.

Matthew