[TYPO3] indexed-search recursive indexing

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Aug 24 10:29:48 CEST 2006

Michel Albert schrieb:
> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:03, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>Michel Albert schrieb:
>>
>>>Hello again,
>>>
>>>I am using indexed-search and I found that it can index *pages*
>>>recursively, but is not able to index *records* recursively. So now I
>>>have an indexed search setting for each level of pages. I need that to
>>>index records from a plugin I wrote, but for example, also for tt_news
>>>records. Is that not possible or am I missing something?
>>
>>The indexed search adds all cacheable pages (with
>>page.config.index_enable=1) to the search index. A page with a dynamy
>>plugin must be called with a cHash query parameter to be cachable. tt_news
>>should do this for the single view.
>>
>>Masi
>>

> How do I cann a page with a chash parameter? What *is* a chash parameter?

Something like &cHash= in your URL. It's calculated from the other URL
arguments. As a site owner you shouldn't worry about it (perhaps some
extensions may need configuration), but as a dev you must make sure your
extensions uses the API correct.

> Can I create a search setting on "www" that indexes records even down to
> section 2.2 for example?

The indexer will index all pages. But for TYPO3 a page with a news plugin
is only one page even if you think of the different news items as pages. To
index them TYPO3 uses the cHash thiny to cash a single page multiple items
depending on the URL arguments (and the cHash)

Masi