[TYPO3] Multilanguage website - no translation message

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Aug 21 11:18:34 CEST 2006

Hi!

Rudy Gnodde wrote:
> I am working on a multilanguage site using Templavoila and 1 page tree

In case if you did not know, TV has its own mailing list :)

> (using the L get variable). The multilanguage part works correctly, but
> when a page does not have a translation it shows the default language.
> What we want is to show a message and a link to the default language
> ("The current page has no ... translation. Click here to view the
> default language text." or something like that).
> Is this possible? If so, how?

I do not think it is possible. For sure it is possible to hide page when
no translation exists, so 404 page will be displayed. If you setup it as
PHP script on the same server, you can analyze original URL and display
prompt that you wanted.

--
Dmitry.