[TYPO3] not really a permissions problem

Cedric Sam cedric.sam at savoirfairelinux.com
Fri Aug 18 17:10:19 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am running Typo3 3.8.1 with multilingual support. After creating a
translation of my tx_ttnews plugin item, I was trying to associate a
template file with the new item, and get this error:

"1: Copying file
'/home/intranet/public_html/fileadmin/templates/latestnews.htm' failed!:
The destination path (/home/intranet/public_html/uploads/tx_ttnews) may
be write protected. Please make it write enabled!.
(tt_content:303:pi_flexform)"

However, I checked and don't actually have a perms problem (I am in fact
777 for both dir and file). My server is running as user "nobody" (if it
changes anything). My local user owns both the fileadmin and uploads
directories. I don't have a quota or disk usage problem.

This problem of "copying files" occurred while creating a translation
for other plugins, but I neglected to note it down, and can't find the
specific page. It is essentially the same error, so I don't deem it
important here.

My BE user has "Fileoperation permissions" in "Tools > User Admin" set
to true for all values.

Thanks!

-Cedric