[TYPO3] Can't update constants

John Harrison john.harrison at edentity.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 18:50:12 CEST 2006

Tyler:

Thanks for the post - it's generally better to be blunt. I had thought the
problem was of the blindingly obvious kind, and that resolution would be
simple. But since that's not the case, I give more detail below:

The problem has shown itself in two ways:

1. 	With the gsi_pagenax extension. I have used this without problem
before. But this time, when I try to change the default constants ('Next'
and 'Previous' respectively) using the constant editor, the 'system' refuses
to accept the updated values, and displays the defaults again. However, the
desired values are written to the Typoscript constants panel on the site
template (as shown below), but these entries have no effect: the ext
continues to use the defaults.

	plugin.gsipagenav.next = Next   >>
	plugin.gsipagenav.prev = << Previous &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

2. 	I have found that internal links entered using htmlarea_rte open in
a new window, rather than in the existing window. Research on the mailing
list suggests that, as the site does not use frames, I can fix this by
setting content.pageFrameObj and PAGE_TARGET (both accessible thru Constants
Editor >Advanced) to "". I try to do this, but again the system refuses to
accept the updated values, and instead displays the default values ('page'
in both cases) in the constant editor interface.

Further, and as before, the desired values are written to the Typoscript
constants panel on the site template (as shown below), but these entries
have no effect: the system continues to use the defaults.

	PAGE_TARGET = ""
	content.pageFrameObj = ""

Hope this helps. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,

John