[TYPO3] typo3 4.0.1 install

Rocky rockyo at max-source.com
Mon Aug 14 10:40:16 CEST 2006

Hey Group,

Right now we have a static html website up and running under public_html
folder which could be accessed through www.domain.com. I'm thinking of
installing typo3 4.0.1 in public_html folder while keep the current site
untouched. After extract the typo3 source and dummy in the directory I
moved the files under dummy-4.0.1 into public_html. The problem is that
I got a 404 error when try to finish the installation by
www.domain.com/index.php.Well, I extract the dummy package again and did
not move the files under dummy-4.0.1 directory and access it through
www.domain.com/dummy-4.0.1 I can get the installation started. Can any
of you tell me how to solve the problem please?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rocky