[TYPO3] Basic questions- how do I put text from the fields into pages?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Aug 11 17:16:26 CEST 2006

> OK I actually do understand those concepts already, I've read the
> tutorials a hundred times now trying to figure this out.  What I
> don't understand is- how do I add more columns? Not just raw into the
> db, but into the interface so my client can edit them with the rich
> text editor?   And, when I do add more columns, how do I insert that
> data into the html?  If I invent a new column "topleft", I can't just
> call styles.content.gettopleft can I? That function doesn't exist.

TypoScript is not a language with functions but a configuration array.
There are different predefined elements like CONTENT, COA, RECORD and so on,
but the name "styles.content.get" is just a name, nothing else.

Well - sometimes it helps to look for an extension:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?tx_terfe_pi1%5Bview%5D=search&no_cache=1&tx_terfe_pi1%5Bsword%5D=columns

Or maybe you want to use this in your ext_tables.php:

t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_content');
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['colPos']['config']['items']['n']['0']='LLL:EX
T:cms/locallang_ttc.php:colPos.I.n';
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['colPos']['config']['items']['n']['1']=n;

n = the number you want to add.

To get the appropriateTypoScript you could do this:

styles.content.getName < styles.content.get

styles.content.getName {
    select {
        where = colPos = n
        #n = the number you want to add.
    }
}
then you can use styles.content.getName wherever you like.
You don't have to keep the name though, so something like this:

temp.getTheStuff.from.myColumn < styles.content.get

temp.getTheStuff.from.myColumn {
    select {
        where = colPos = n
        #n = the number you want to add.