[TYPO3] Basic questions- how do I put text from the fields into pages?

Mike php at talkingspider.com
Fri Aug 11 16:32:35 CEST 2006

OK I actually do understand those concepts already, I've read the
tutorials a hundred times now trying to figure this out.  What I
don't understand is- how do I add more columns? Not just raw into the
db, but into the interface so my client can edit them with the rich
text editor?   And, when I do add more columns, how do I insert that
data into the html?  If I invent a new column "topleft", I can't just
call styles.content.gettopleft can I? That function doesn't exist.