[TYPO3] FE Access to Content and Pages

MappyX mappyx at avalon.net
Fri Aug 11 05:20:14 CEST 2006

I've dabbled with Typo3 for about a year and have been able to do most
things with it, but this problem has me stumpt.

I need to display content to authenticated user based on their group.
Before anyone suggests simply using the Access attribute, my problem
isn't that simple.

Content needs to be displayed often based on multiple groups.  For example:

User 1: belogs to groups SalesRep, USA, Canada
User 2: belogs to groups Distributors, USA

I have content that can be seen by only SalesReps in the USA, and Only
Distributors.  There is also content that should only be seen by
SalesReps and content that should be shown by SalesReps in Canada.

As of Typo3 v. 4.x, you can select multiple Access groups, which is
great, but it seems that this functionality is very limiting.

For Example, for content that needs to be viewed by SalesReps in the
USA, I can select groups SalesReps and USA for a piece of content.

But when I do htis, User 1 above can't see this content because he also
belongs to the Canada group and the content is viewable strictly by only
SalesReps and USA groups together.

Is ther a way to implement the access ruls in a more robust fasion to
allow User 1 to see the content I describe because he has belongs to the
necessary two groups?

Also, it would be nice to be able to set access on content to use the
logical OR.  SalesRep or USA, in addtion to the default SalesRep and USA.

Has anyone expierenced this challenge of assigning content to user groups?

How can I go about resolving this?

I'm trying to get Portal like functionality out of Typo3 here.

MappyX