[TYPO3] Capacity planning and hardware sizing documentation

Steven Whatmore Stevenw at sigmasoft.ca
Wed Aug 9 18:22:47 CEST 2006

TY

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Hettinger [mailto:ng at ralfhettinger.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:52 AM
To: typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Subject: Re: [TYPO3] Capacity planning and hardware sizing documentation

Hi Steven,

the answer is probably: depends...

The very basic requirements:
http://typo3.org/1275.0.html

If you plan to employ extensions that use external libraries:
Have a look at the specific extension (well... that's pretty rough, I
know)
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/

Typically libraries might be Xpdf, Htmldoc, Catdoc, ghostscript for
document
generation and indexing - but as said before: depends. If you're on a
root
server running Linux you won't run into insolvable problems.

Cronjobs may be very handy for different things here and there, so
better have
access to a crontab (should be no problem for a dedicated server running
Linux)

If you expect more traffic than just a visit here and there, you should
definitely have a look at
http://typo3.org/development/articles/testing-and-tuning-typo3-performan
ce/page/1/

Reads: php accelerator a must, eAccelerator recommended - and if it
still
doesn't fit - go for finetuning your server environment.

Cheers
Ralf

Steven Whatmore schrieb:
> Good morning,
>
> I am in the initial stages of determining the sizing requirements of a
typical Typo3 installation here at my company.

> I have already found some high-level information regarding this, but
can anyone point me in the right direction as too where I would find
some detailed information of this nature.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve Whatmore
> Technical Lead Web Development
> Sigma Software Solutions
> 55 York St., Suite 1100
> Toronto, ON
> M5J 1R7
>
> Phone:	416.368.2000 x2293
> Email:	stevenw at sigmasoft.ca
> MSN:		steven.whatmore at hotmail.com
> Web:		www.sigmasoft.ca
> Skype:	steven.whatmore
>
> The information contained herein is confidential and proprietary to
Sigma Software Solutions and is intended for review by authorized
persons only. Except as may otherwise be agreed to in writing by Sigma
Software Solutions, any disclosure, circulation, release or use of the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited.