[TYPO3] probs with sr_feuser_register's javascript

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Wed Aug 9 17:33:17 CEST 2006

Hello David,

I mostly don't use updateForm, but rather the possibility to prefill the
values by markers (respectively php) which does work as from my experience.

For input type="text" or textarea fields you could use
value="###FIELD_[fieldname]###" for prefilling, eg for the name
<input type="text" value="###FIELD_name###" ....

For other types (checkboxes, radio buttons, select arrays) you could try to
just let the marker ###TCA_INPUT_[fieldname]### do the work and render the
complete checkbox array or whatever it may be... but as far as I remember, not
every constellation is implemented in sr_feuserregister.
Well, at least I remember that I've once extended sr_feuserregister_pi1 to fit
my needs and render the input stuff for editing... but that may have changed
in the current release - at least it's worth a try.

Not really the answer on your question (can't help you on updateForm, haven't
dug into that) - but hopefully another idea to try?

Good Luck!
Ralf