[TYPO3] change default language

Graham Solomon graham.solomon at powys.gov.uk
Tue Aug 8 16:30:54 CEST 2006

Hi Bas,

Try adding the following to your TypoScript setup code:

--------
config {
    // Default english.
  sys_language_uid = <english_db_uid_here>
  language = en
  htmlTag_langKey = en
  locale_all = en_GB

    // Alternate language for labels which have no language value.
  language_alt = en
}

  // Dutch language config.
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
    config.sys_language_uid = <dutch_db_uid_here>
    config.language = nl
    config.htmlTag_langKey = nl
    config.locale_all = nl_GB
[global]