[TYPO3] forms in T3

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 8 11:36:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

> This is indeed a missing feature in TYPO3 that I (and some of my
> clients) would love to see in T3.
>
> The same easy way to make a form as with the standard form builder,
> but
> with the option to make a new table in the DB where all the data gets
> stored.

This actually goes further. It's not just about having a generic form
builder for inputting data, but also something universal to display
list of records, detailed views of a single records, cross-linking
when joins are present, dedicated search engine/filtering system, etc.

> I already talked to the developer I work with. A blueprint for the
> ext.
> is already set but we have not started to work on it.
> I'm still talking to some clients for gatering some sponsoring for
> this ext.
>
> If someone else is interrested in sponsoring this kind of ext. pls
> contact me at: robdevries at telenet dot be.
> Pls mention what kind of features you would like to see in this
> ext. and
> the amount you would like to contribute.

I'll be holding a discussion at T3DD06 on this topic (http://
t3dd06.typo3.org/84.html). I have looked at some extensions that go
part of the way (auxdataviewer, kb_shop) and have tried to assemble a
picture of all the puzzle pieces, existing or missing (e.g. there are
several extensions that render forms based on the TCA). I sincerely
hope something great can come out of this, because - as you say -
this is big missing feature.

If you come to T3DD06 you might be interested in attending this
session. If not, would you like to submit your requirements so that I
can draw a more complete picture of what such an extension (or more
probably set of extensions) might do?

Cheers

François Suter
Directeur technique