[TYPO3] forms in T3

Bjørn Dissing bumle90 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 22:50:36 CEST 2006

I have been doing some searching, and for what i have found out handling of
web-forms in T3 is apparently not a very well supported feature.
It just strikes me as amazing that a mature, full scale ECMS like T3 dosen't
have functionality to handle simple webforms and store them in a database.
By this i mean fx. if a user enters data, and the information e.g. needs to
be spread out into several tables.
Or even if it should just be stored in a single table...It seems that the
only way to go is to create a plugin and write the logic manually.

I hope someone can convince me otherwise since i would consider this a grand
flaw of typo3, since webforms are on of the most common things on www.

If I then were to actually write a plugin that could handle my forms i would
like to use some libraries, adodb, html_quickforms and smarty. Can these be
used in a extension for T3?

regards...