[TYPO3] TCAdefaults.pages.hidden=1 doesn't hide pages

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 7 19:27:10 CEST 2006

Christian Trabold wrote:

> I recognized that this option only takes effect on totally new pages.
>
> That means it WON'T work, if you select any of these options to create a
> new page:
>
>  - "Create new page after this page"
>  - "Save document and create a new one"
>

> But it works, if you select "New record".
>

> Reason: the value of the hidden-field is "copied" for the current page
> to the new page. If you create a new page after a hidden page, you will
> recognize, that the new page is hidden...

Thanks Christian.  I can confirm that.  If the newly create page is the
_first_ page on the level, its 'Hide page' checkbox is checked by
default.  Otherwise, putting it after any other page on the same level
won't get 'Hide page' checked automatically.

What controls the 'Hide in menu' checkbox then?  I want it to be checked
  for new pages by default.

Thanks,

Bing