[TYPO3] TCAdefaults.pages.hidden=1 doesn't hide pages

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Fri Aug 4 18:20:32 CEST 2006

> TCAdefaults.pages.hidden=0 was set for a backend group.  Now I change it
> to 1.  I've also verified TCAdefaults.pages.hidden=1 is set for every
> members by checking Tools->User Admin->TSconfig.  However, the 'Hide
> page' checkbox is still not checked automatically when a group member
> creates a new page.  Anything else need to be done to make the change
> take effect?  I 've also cleared all the caches to no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I recognized that this option only takes effect on totally new pages.

That means it WON'T work, if you select any of these options to create a
new page:

  - "Create new page after this page"
  - "Save document and create a new one"

But it works, if you select "New record".

Reason: the value of the hidden-field is "copied" for the current page
to the new page. If you create a new page after a hidden page, you will
recognize, that the new page is hidden... This behavior is defined in
TCA by:

$TCA['pages']['ctrl']['useColumnsForDefaultValues'] =
'doktype,fe_group,hidden';

You can change this via an extension. Add the following code into
"ext_tables.php":

t3lib_div::loadTCA('pages');
$TCA['pages']['ctrl']['useColumnsForDefaultValues'] = 'doktype,fe_group';

You'll find more details about the CTRL-Section of TCA on

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2/

Search for "useColumnsForDefaultValues".

HTH

Christian