[TYPO3] can't logon to new installation?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Aug 7 12:28:32 CEST 2006

Heiner Lamprecht wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Monday 07 August 2006 10:31, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>

>>Hi all
>>
>>I thought I'd try out typo3 today, and installed it from my
>>cPanel. I can't however logon to it. I know this is a problem
>>with the ADSL in South Africa. I normally can't access sites that
>>rely purely on sessions, so I normally have to disable the way
>>their sessions work (this is normally with a variable in a config
>>file) Does anyone know how to accomplish this in typo3?
>>

>You need sessions for sure.  But maybe it works without
>session-cookies, using a session-ID in the links.
>
>You can configure this behavior in php.ini.
>

>    Heiner

Ok, you need to be a bit more clear on what you're saying. I don't have
access to php.ini, and I'm not even sure what to add to it either. This
is on a share hosting account.

I had the same problem with phplists, Joomla & Cerberus Helpdesk. They
all had an option to either use cookies, or sessions. The problem I have
is, our ADSL switches IP addresses every now and then (in my opinion,
the proxy server is screwed, but no one technical enough can do anything
about it, and switching ISP's didn't fix the problem either). Do I
switch to using cookies only, and this always seem to solve the problem :)

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
David Frost