[TYPO3] Exclude pid in RealURL Config?

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 5 04:30:11 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:
> Hey Amir--
>
> On 8/4/06, Amir M. <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Amir M. wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a Typo3 website, using RealURL, as well as 3 seperate domain
>> > names in one installation and one template.  I am having a little
>> > problem regarding the urls.
>> >
>> > For example, for one of my sites, http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com ,
>> > when you click a page inside that site, the url comes out like this:
>> > http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com/civilization-iv/general/overview/
>> >
>> > It comes with "civilization-iv" segment in the link.  However I DO NOT
>> > want that segment in the urls.  It is the root page of the subsite, but
>> > I dont want it to appear on the url.  I want it to be like this
>> instead:
>> > "http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com/general/overview/"
>> >
>> > Is this possible somehow?  Maybe there is an excludePid field for
>> > Realurl?  Here is my realURL configuration incase its needed:
>> >

>> > ----
>

> <snip code>
>
> I'm not sure if you've seen this (maybe you're already using it?), but
> Michael Cannon helpfully posted an almost fully worked-out
> multi-domain RealUrl config on his website some time ago [1, 2]. I
> used it to set up multiple domains in one TYPO3 install, and it seemed
> to go very smoothly.
>
> You may want to comment out what you've got (never delete!) and go
> through his sample code one line at a time, making small changes and
> testing each time. It'll be kind of a pain, but it's probably the best
> way to debug what may just be a problem caused by one or two small
> errors in your code/config.
>

> -Christopher
>
> [1]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-August/010258.html
> [2]
> http://cvs.cannonbose.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/typo3/typo3conf/realurl.php?rev=1.19&view=markup

Hi Christopher, thanks for replying!

As for Michael Cannon, I actually looked at his code after it was
referred to me in the Typo3 IRC Chatroom.  I modelled mainly his bottom
chunks of code.  I actually had the whole thing copied, but even so, the
same problem I have now was then.  I am just looking to exclude that
particular page ("civilization-iv") from the realURL.

I'm going to take a look at it again and check if there is something
that will help the problem.  The reason why my multiple domain config is
working is because (I believe) the kb_domainLinks that Bernhard made.

 > You may want to comment out what you've got (never delete!) and go
 > through his sample code one line at a time, making small changes and
 > testing each time. It'll be kind of a pain, but it's probably the best
 > way to debug what may just be a problem caused by one or two small
 > errors in your code/config.

Great tips!  I will try this. :D