[TYPO3] Exclude pid in RealURL Config?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 20:28:03 CEST 2006

Hey Amir--

On 8/4/06, Amir M. <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Amir M. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Typo3 website, using RealURL, as well as 3 seperate domain
> > names in one installation and one template.  I am having a little
> > problem regarding the urls.
> >
> > For example, for one of my sites, http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com ,
> > when you click a page inside that site, the url comes out like this:
> > http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com/civilization-iv/general/overview/
> >
> > It comes with "civilization-iv" segment in the link.  However I DO NOT
> > want that segment in the urls.  It is the root page of the subsite, but
> > I dont want it to appear on the url.  I want it to be like this instead:
> > "http://civ.stratcommandcenter.com/general/overview/"
> >
> > Is this possible somehow?  Maybe there is an excludePid field for
> > Realurl?  Here is my realURL configuration incase its needed:
> >

> > ----

<snip code>

I'm not sure if you've seen this (maybe you're already using it?), but
Michael Cannon helpfully posted an almost fully worked-out
multi-domain RealUrl config on his website some time ago [1, 2]. I
used it to set up multiple domains in one TYPO3 install, and it seemed
to go very smoothly.

You may want to comment out what you've got (never delete!) and go
through his sample code one line at a time, making small changes and
testing each time. It'll be kind of a pain, but it's probably the best
way to debug what may just be a problem caused by one or two small
errors in your code/config.

-Christopher

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-August/010258.html
[2] http://cvs.cannonbose.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/typo3/typo3conf/realurl.php?rev=1.19&view=markup