[TYPO3] Image right or below text depending on layout width?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 19:36:52 CEST 2006

Come on Tapio, _please_ read the other posts in the thread and do a
little research before you rush to type out yet another ill-informed
message to the list.

On 4/28/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
>
> > You're right. "display: inline;" is nonsense here and has no effect.
> >
> > That still leaves two questions:
> >
> > 1. Is there some strange reason why the author of css-styled-imgtext
> > uses " float: left; display: inline; " here?
>
> he has not read properly the CSS2 specification

Possibly. But it's also possible, as I've already pointed out, that
it's an IE Windows bug fix.

> > 2. How can I modify the css code such that the image moves down
> > when there is not enough space left?
> try clear-property (all|left|right)

First of all--now who hasn't read the spec?--there is no value 'all'
for the 'clear' property, it's 'both'.

Secondly, clearing a float "...indicates which sides of an element's
box(es) may not be adjacent to an earlier floating box" [1]. 'clear'
is all or nothing--your answer does not solve the problem in the
question (the questioner wants to achieve variable behaviour depending
on the width of the parent of the imgtext elements).

-Christopher

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#flow-control