[TYPO3] Image right or below text depending on layout width?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 28 15:44:46 CEST 2006

Gebhardt Thomas schrieb am 28.04.2006 11:13:

> I'm using a Text w/Image Content Element and css_styled_content.
> The image is on the right side, the text floats around the image.
>
> Under some conditions:
> * text contains large words that can't wrap around

This only happens if the text is in lists. This is probably a bug in
Firefox/Gecko, as it works correctly if the "long text" are just
paragraphs or other elements (the text will go below the images).

> * low screen resolution or small browser window (flexible layout)
> * large browser font size
> the text and the image (and/or image caption) do overlap.

>From your example:

> /* Needed for noRows setting */
> DIV.csi-textpic DIV.csi-imagecolumn { float: left; display: inline; }
>
> /* Right (in text) */
> DIV.csi-intext-right DIV.csi-imagewrap { float: right; }

The first one (csi-imagecolumn) isnt't being used here, this will only
apply if you want your images to be aligned in columns instead of in
rows (which is not the case in your html-example). Why there is a
display:inline goes beyond my memory, possibly because some IE/FF
bizarrines, but maybe just some ignorance. I'm not sure what effects it
would have if it was removed (probably none, but it doesn't hurt). :)

You could try to use TYPO3 4.0 with the "pure" css_styled_content, as
some things have been fixed and changed in the integration of
cron_cssstyledimgtext. Maybe it now works better?

Cheers,
Ernesto