[TYPO3] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Tony Davidson tonyd at zeroeffortnetworking.com.au
Sun Apr 23 03:17:32 CEST 2006

Is there anyone able to provide any help with this.

To clarify:

* I have searched the entire list

* I believe the memory allocated needs to be increased in php.ini

* I can't edit php.ini as the sites are hosted.

* The hoster advises they've increased memory to 8MB and don't get the error

* The error only occurs every so-often - not all the time.

My question is *why* does it occur.  I'm dealing with pretty crappy
level 1 support that have a very basic understanding.  If I can explain
why the error doesn't always occur I can try to get them to increase the
allocation.

thanks,
tony