[TYPO3] php and TS

Andrea Giorgini a.giorgini at norvlit.de
Fri Apr 21 16:44:25 CEST 2006

JoH wrote:
> Don't know if I got you right, but I don't think you need much additional
> PHP here.
> So could you please be more specific about the functionality of this "search
> tool"?
> Sounds like a simple CONTENT element using tt_adress as a table and a
> dynamically created andWhere to define the query.

You got me right, this was exactly my "feeling", that I don't need php.
But of course the andWhere clause needs to have the string coming with
the POST array, 4 example if I look for name containing "pet" should be
where name like '%pet%'... so I don't know how to get this string in
POST from TS!

> BTW: Usually you don't give things "back" to TS. It's just vice versa.
> You use TS properties as the second parameter of a function call to modify
> the output of the function.
> The function is called with functionname($content,$conf) and will return
> $content only.
>
> Joey

Thankyou very much for the explanation and for the help,
Andrea