[TYPO3] php and TS

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 21 16:38:19 CEST 2006

> hope to don't bother with newbie questions.
> I was used to play with php and smarty so writing my first module the
> first question came pretty soon.
>
> They asked me to implement a search tool that look for addresses into
> tt_address. My point is: I didn't write 1 line of TS... is this right?
>
> Is it the only approach to render the result of a query from PHP? Or
> is there any way to give it back to TS?

Don't know if I got you right, but I don't think you need much additional
PHP here.
So could you please be more specific about the functionality of this "search
tool"?
Sounds like a simple CONTENT element using tt_adress as a table and a
dynamically created andWhere to define the query.

BTW: Usually you don't give things "back" to TS. It's just vice versa.
You use TS properties as the second parameter of a function call to modify
the output of the function.
The function is called with functionname($content,$conf) and will return
$content only.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de