[TYPO3] freecap captcha and modern guestbook

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Apr 20 09:08:19 CEST 2006

Hi list!

I'm trying to avoid enourmous amount of spam I get from the modern
guestbook. I've installed the latest versions of the ve_guestbook and
the sr_freecap; and if I've understood right they should work
together..? And it indeed seems to work, but only partially. In the form
there is the field to be filled but not the actual captcha picture and
this ofcourse brings an error result after submitting the form. In the
freecap captcha constants I've tried png, gif and jpg formats and also
I've tried different combinations of the other values.

Any idea what I've missed or should I do some changes to the main class
of the guestbook anyway? I haven't done any changes because there
already seem to be some code referring to freecap and I'm quite shy to
do php-changes because of my nonexisting skills.

Any help or direction where to go is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely
Katja