[TYPO3] Using email addresses with <LINK> tags

Miles Jordan Miles.Jordan at aad.gov.au
Thu Apr 20 08:14:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using version 3.7.0 and have a bunch of email addresses stored as
'external URL' pages of type 'mailto'. I'm trying to reference these in
my pages using the standard <LINK 55>somebody</LINK> method, but when I
click on the link, the default email program is opened correctly but the
web page I was on either goes to a blank page or opens up a new blank
page depending on the "target" that I specify. If I specify no target,
it opens up a blank page in the current window.

Is there a way to mimic the behaviour of typing in the email address (so
just the email application opens, and the original page sticks around),
while storing the email addresses in one location so they only need to
be changed once if the need arise?

Thanks in advance

Miles Jordan
Applications Developer
The Australian Antarctic Data Centre

[p] +61 3 6232 3486
[f] +61 3 6232 3359
[e] miles.jordan at aad.gov.au
[w] http://www.aad.gov.au/

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.aad.gov.au/