[TYPO3] SEO for the defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev Realurl setting

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Apr 20 00:14:07 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

>Johannes Reichardt schrieb am 19.04.2006 20:58:
>

>>>typo3.org/documentation/document-library/ doc_tut_quickstart/Search_box/
>>>
>>>Notice the "space" there? I don't think this is random, and should have
>>>something to do with page rankings, but I don't know where to search for
>>>information about it (how is this called in the SEO-world??).
>>>

>>I was wondering about that once - but its just for breaking purposes. If
>>the screensize would be not enough this space helps braking the path
>>smoothly on display - afaik nothing more and nothing less about it.
>>

>Hm, interesting, I have not thought of that. In a quick test it seems
>that URLs smaller than 54 chars never have a space and larger URLs
>always have a space somewhere. So this might really be the reason. Do
>you have any pointer to where this is documented/explained or simply
>mentioned?
>
>So you think the defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev is "approved" SEO-wise?

Google looks more in the text of the URL and doesn't really care of it's
format but doesn't index anything after the ? (care of the content after
the ?, does index the dynamic page ofcourse...)
Google is more interested in content then anything else.
Google is using metatags, title to give you a place 'somewhere'.

I am partly interested in googlo page rank,
why does this page http://www.onedope.com/ have a pagerank of 3/10 ?????

Registerd 22 jan 2006. Did have some content a couple of weeks but I had
to put it offline for some time.
Still google gave me a pagerank AFTER I put the content offline.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer