[TYPO3] Problems positioning the Tmenu

Jaume Presas jaume at dascabinet.com
Sat Apr 15 11:52:34 CEST 2006

Hello there.

I'm having some problems configuring the Tmenu in the main template of a
site I'm building. The menu is correctly generated, but what I want to
do is to enclose all the content, including the menu, in a main div;
basically, because the whole content has to be centered in the browser
window, no matter its size, so having a main div, centered, that
contents all the stuff (including the menu) the question is solved.
Actually, the menu divs are absolutelly positioned according to their
parent, which is the document, so it can never be centered unless
enclosing these divs in a main, and centered, div. BUT, the way Typo3
uses to build the menu doesn't help me with this. Typo3 creates the divs
for the menu immediately after the body tag:

-------------------

style="z-index:9999; z-index: 9999; position: absolute; visibility:
hidden; border: 1px solid #ff9900; background: #ffffff; font-weight:
bold; padding: 1px;">

-------------------

The question is that immediatelly after the body tag I want to put the
other div tag, before the tags that Typo3 creates for the menu. I want
to get this:

-------------------

id="Menu6f55831" style="z-index:9999; z-index: 9999; position: absolute;
visibility: hidden; border: 1px solid #ff9900; background: #ffffff;
font-weight: bold; padding: 1px;">

-------------------

Note the <div id="mymainDiv">. If I use:

page.bodyTag = <body><div id="mydiv">

in the setup of this template, what I get is:

id="Menu6f55831" style="z-index:9999; z-index: 9999; position: absolute;
visibility: hidden; border: 1px solid #ff9900; background: #ffffff;
font-weight: bold; padding: 1px;">

Typo3 takes the last > as the end of the body tag, which is obviously wrong.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

					Jaume