[TYPO3] 404 Error

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:41:35 CEST 2006

Greetings list,

On 3/27/06, Jeff Segars <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> Ries van Twisk wrote:
> > Hey Jeff,
> >
> > I am currently on RC2, and I don't redirect to an other page.
> > I can check this for you but can you tell me some details and show me
> > some setup so I can try it on my domain.
> >
> > Ries
>
> Hey Ries,
> Thanks for offering to check this out.  Here is the error handling from
> my localconf.php...
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling"]='/notfound/';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling_statheader"]='HTTP/1.x 404
> Not Found';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling_statheaderOnCHashError"]='0';
>
> /notfound/ is a TYPO3 page handled by RealURL.  I've also tried
> referencing the page without RealURL (index.php?id=60) and the behavior
> does not change.

As far as I'm able to determine, this will also not work in RC3. Can
anyone confirm this (or better yet, show me I'm wrong)?

Just to summarize: of the options available in the install tool for

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling_statheader"]='HTTP/1.0 404
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling"]

--1 / true:

Works, in that it sends a 404 header, though the "closest page
matching" message is useless (seems never to contain any page name...)

--url

Works in that the user ends up on the correct page, but the header
sent is '200 OK'

--url w/markers

Works--right page and markers substituted--but returns '200 OK'

As far as I can tell, this is exactly the same behaviour as 3.8.1

-Christopher