[TYPO3] Parsing click-enlarged images through ImageMagick

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 19:42:12 CEST 2006

Robert Markula wrote:
> Hiya,
> What can I do to get 'click-enlarged' images to be parsed by ImageMagick?
>
> Images (like in 'text w/image' content elements or tt_news SINGLE
> content elements) are scaled by ImageMagick to the dimensions which are
> specified in TS. But when you click on the image ('click-enlarge'), the
> plain image from the 'uploads'-folder is shown without any image
> processing.
>
> Rationale:
> We are investigating the possibilities of the new DAM extension to
> maintain an image repository that is not only for web, but also for
> print. Of course, for print the images need to have the highest quality
> possible, which means large file sizes.
> Now, if we use such a large (in terms of file size) image in a 'text
> w/image' content element, it is automatically scaled down to the
> specified size, which is exactly what we want. But when a visitor clicks
> on the image (click-enlarge), he gets direct access to the original
> image file, thus downloading somewhere between 500 to 2000kb (in our case).

Thanks to TSref (chapter "imageLinkWrap", if anyone is interested), I
found the solution:

[for standard images]
tt_content.image.20.1.imageLinkWrap.width = [whateveryoulike]

[for tt_news images]
plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.image.imageLinkWrap.width = [whatelseyoulike]

Looking at TSref in the first place would've saved me some hours of
searching, well you can never learn enough :-/

Regards,
Ro