[TYPO3] How to stop FE access

Christian Vetter Christian.Vetter at dragoner-design.de
Sat Apr 1 08:06:59 CEST 2006

Hi Stan,
First of all, by renaming you don't really take access away - but then
again, I guess you know that anyway. My guess is you haven't messed with
the .htaccess yet - because I think, there's your solution (after all
you'll need it for realurl anyway). That's what you need in the .htaccess
on your site root in any case:
[.htaccess]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
[/.htaccess]
Thereby every request that is not pointed to a file or directory that
really exists (beware of dead links in your old site) will be 'answered'
by typo3 (index.php). Now you only need to change index.php to whatever
name you've given to the typo3 base file.

Best regards,
Christian