[Typo3] entities & character is replaced by & on site

Søren Schaffstein soeren.schaffstein at media-lights.de
Fri Sep 30 13:35:45 CEST 2005

>>>Looks to me like problem with the htmlSpecialChars property: You're
>>
>> bodytext is going through htmlSpecialChars twice.
>>
>>>Probably once from the rte to the db and then from the db to the fe.
>>>try
>>
>> disabling htmlSpecialChars in your rte. Add the
>>
>>>following lines to your page tsconfig:
>>

>>>RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db = 1
>>>RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.htmlSpecialChars = -1
>>

>>>cheers
>>>simon
>>

>> Simon,
>>
>> Sounded like a good idea, but too bad it didn't work. I assume the
>> transformation happens from db to fe since in the db everything looks
fine.
>> Perhaps it would be a good idea to shut down the htmlSpecialChars
>> conversion from db to fe. But I couldn't find out how to do this.
>> Can you help with this as well?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Soeren
>>
>nope. that usually works for me. what have you got in your page tsconfig?
Please find the relevant parts of my tsconfig below - perhaps this helps...
(I left the "htmlSpecialChars" line in code but commented it out.)
Soeren

#set processing options for RTE
RTE.default.proc {
  #transformation method
  overruleMode = ts_css

  #xhtml_cleaning = 1
  dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1

  #tags allowed outside p & div
  allowTagsOutside = img,hr

  allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, div, p, br,
span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u, sub, sup, strike, a,
img, nobr, hr, tt, q, cite, abbr, acronym
  denyTags = font
  allowedClasses = orange, orange-bold, gray, small

  #clean tags
  #noAttrib = b, i, u, strike, sub, sup, strong, em, quote, blockquote,
cite, tt, br, center
  tags.hr.allowedAttribs = class

  #rmTagIfNoAttrib = span,div,font
}

# parser content to rte
HTMLparser_rte {
  allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  denyTags  < RTE.default.proc.denyTags
  allowedClasses < RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses
}

# parser content to db
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db = 1
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db {
  #try to disable special chars parser for polish
  #htmlSpecialChars = -1

  allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  denyTags  < RTE.default.proc.denyTags
  allowedClasses < RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses
}

# configuration of HTMLarea
RTE.default {
  hidePStyleItems = H6,PRE
  contentCSS = fileadmin/template/css/inpage.css
  showButtons = textstyle, formatblock, bold, italic, underline, subscript,
superscript, left, center, right, orderedlist, unorderedlist, outdent,
indent, textindicator, insertcharacter, link, image, table, findreplace,
spellcheck, removeformat, copy, cut, paste, undo, redo, about,
toggleborders, tableproperties, rowproperties, rowinsertabove,
rowinsertunder, rowdelete, rowsplit, columninsertbefore, columninsertafter,
columndelete, columnsplit, cellproperties, cellinsertbefore,
columninsertafter, celldelete, cellsplit, cellmerge, chMode
  hideButtons = textstylelabel, blockstylelabel, blockstyle, strikethrough,
fontstyle, fontsize, lefttoright, righttoleft, justifyfull, textcolor,
bgcolor, emoticon, line, user, acronym, inserttag, showhelp
# normally add chMode to hidden buttons!
  toolbarOrder = blockstylelabel, blockstyle, space, textstylelabel,
textstyle, linebreak, fontstyle, space, fontsize, space, formatblock, bar,
bold, italic, underline, bar, strikethrough, subscript, superscript, bar,
lefttoright, righttoleft, bar, left, center, right, justifyfull, bar,
orderedlist, unorderedlist, outdent, indent, bar, textcolor, bgcolor,
textindicator, bar, emoticon, insertcharacter, line, link, image, table,
user, acronym, bar, findreplace, spellcheck, bar, chMode, inserttag,
removeformat, bar, copy, cut, paste, bar, undo, redo, bar, showhelp, about,
linebreak,  toggleborders, bar, tableproperties, bar, rowproperties,
rowinsertabove, rowinsertunder, rowdelete, rowsplit, bar,
columninsertbefore, columninsertafter, columndelete, columnsplit, bar,
cellproperties, cellinsertbefore, columninsertafter, celldelete, cellsplit,
cellmerge
  showStatusBar = 1
  # css classes for images
  classesImage =
}

#list of allowed classes on tags (neccessary to preserve span tags)
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.proc.allowedClasses <
RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses