[Typo3] Relation in the TCA?

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Thu Sep 22 19:01:44 CEST 2005

Boris wrote:
> I have 3 tables:
> - tab_product
> - tab_action
> - tab_action_mm (Verknuepfungstabelle)
>
> The tables "tab_action_mm" consists of these fields:
> - uid_local
> - uid_foreign
> - action_price
>
> To every product a price is deposited. Now one can put on actions which
> count to certain products and then the price of the concerning product
> changes.
>
> I know how the relation basically works (TCA). Now I have the following
> question:
> How to configure the inputform in the backend in the way like it creates
> the option to enter an action-price when I assign products to an action?

If I understand your model right, then the action_price belongs neither
direcly to the products, nor to the action. It belongs to each relation
between product and action.

I haven't discoverd yet that tca would support such feature. In the TCA
that the kickstarter produces I don't find an own definition of
mm-tables. They seem to be created by the maintable pointing to them.

In your case I would do some experiments. I would define the mm-realtion
table like any other table with the apporiate fields and sie if that
works. Then I would try to ad uid, and uid, pid and action_price form
them. Last I would try to get the mm-table to be outputed like any
regualr table. If that doesnt worked I would try to progamm that myself.

Just my thoughts, no official proposual

Regards

Elmar