[Typo3] "not in menu" pages and realURL

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Sep 22 10:48:25 CEST 2005

christian oettinger wrote:

> Now I set some pages "not in menu". If I want them to be accessible in
> realURL-Style I have to switch them to "Standard", view them one time
> and then switch them back to "not in Menu". Then I can use the link in
> realURL-Style until clearing the cache the next time. I guess that "Not
> in Menu" pages are not cached, and this results in realURL to skip these
> pages?
> To be exact: I don't want them to be cached, for I don't want them to be
> found by indexed search. But I would like to be able to access them via
> realURL.

The problem is that the realURL cache gets generated when the Links get generated.
Just for every generated link there gets an entry made in the realURL cache tables.

and the realURL caching is in no way related to page-caching of T3.

So the case is that you wont be able to generate proper realURL linkt to your pages
when they are in no menu or other link (RTE) on any page ...

what you could do is to create another "not-in-menu" page on which you place links to
all those "not-in-menu" pages via the RTE ... if you then view this page all your
realURL urls will get generated ...

And remember that it is never a good thing to clear the realURL cache. Google won't find
any pages and will lead to dead-links .... Rather accept it that a page called "News" before
and now is called "News 2005" will still be called ".../news/" in the URL ... that doesn't
count so much in my opinion ...

greets,
Bernhard
--