[Typo3] External URL Link not working

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:04:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 19/09/05, Matt Mucklo <mmucklo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Daniel and others,
>
> Apologize for the delay,
>
> I'm reluctant to post the entire html for 2 reasons - 1) concerns about
> publicising my client's html in a forum they might not want me to publicise
> it in
>
> but more importantly, 2) the generated html looks no different than the
> generated html for one of my content pages, minus the content!  So all the
> menu's etc. appear - and even the external url menu link is in the
> not-linked state (as it's the active page).
>
> I checked and I can't see any errors listed in the source of this page
> (should there be?)
> --

Why is this so difficult? Nobody has even asked you to post a full
page of html. We've asked you (repeatedly now) for one thing only. if
you want help, or even if you want to figure out the problem yourself,
the only thing that can possibly be of any importance is the GENERATED
HTML CODE OF THE LINK in question. NOT your html template, and NOT the
code for the destination page.

As I asked before: how would you debug a problem like this if you
weren't using a CMS? Answer: you'd look at the code of the LINK.

-Christopher