[Typo3] Cookies

Vlatko Šurlan vsurlan at net.hr
Sun Sep 18 12:37:10 CEST 2005

Michael Baker wrote:
> I've created a website for a client, but the client can't access the
> typo3 back end.
>
> The client has a machine running Windows XP and runs Norton AntiVirus.
>
> When the client tries to login to the typo3 back end, sometimes they
> can't login and the 'you need to have cookies enabled' screen comes up,
> and sometimes they can, but after a short but variable length of time
> each of the frames in the backend shows the 'you need to have cookies
> enabled' screen comes up.  This happens with both Windows Explorer and
> Firefox.  In Windows explorer I have set an explicit exception to allow
> cookies from my website and Firefox is accepting cookies from all sites.
>
> My suspicion is that some third party software intercepting or deleting
> the cookies or cookie requests.  I don't know how to find it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Michael.

Maybee you could instruct your client to send you a list of his
processes on the XP machine so you can see what could be causing
problems (ctrl+alt+del, printscreen, paste into paint and save as .bmp)?
Later you might instruct him how to stop one by one of these processes
and detect the problematic one by method of elimination...

--
Isus Krist je umro za moje i tvoje opravdanje.
Jesus Christ died for yours and mine justification.