[Typo3] Cookies

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Sun Sep 18 00:47:55 CEST 2005

I've created a website for a client, but the client can't access the
typo3 back end.

The client has a machine running Windows XP and runs Norton AntiVirus.

When the client tries to login to the typo3 back end, sometimes they
can't login and the 'you need to have cookies enabled' screen comes up,
and sometimes they can, but after a short but variable length of time
each of the frames in the backend shows the 'you need to have cookies
enabled' screen comes up.  This happens with both Windows Explorer and
Firefox.  In Windows explorer I have set an explicit exception to allow
cookies from my website and Firefox is accepting cookies from all sites.

My suspicion is that some third party software intercepting or deleting
the cookies or cookie requests.  I don't know how to find it.

Any suggestions?

Michael.