[Typo3] quickstart demo

Ieuan Williams ieuan.williams at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:11:43 CEST 2005

I've just downloaded the quickstart demo (ver 3.7.1) onto my Windows 2000
PC. It all seems to be working ok apart from the fact that I can't log into
the BE tool. The were no records in the be_users table, I assume (maybe
incorrectly) that this is where the BE user records will be held. The
installation documentation says that the default user and password are
"admin" and "password". I've even added these to the be_users table but
still no joy.

I'd really like to get this working. I'm evaluating different CMS's, so far
I've looked at webgui, mambo and postnuke. I've been told that typo3 is
better than all of these so I really want to get this sorted out quickly.

Many thanks

Ieuan