[Typo3] Unable to login to BE due to ZoneAlarmPro - solutions - which is better?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Sep 12 14:39:33 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

relying on HTTP_REFERER (or any other HTTP header data) definitely adds no
reliable security to any application. HTTP headers could easily be faked and
nowadays they're very often filtered by some (misconfigured) security
applications.

I'd suggest to enable doNotCheckReferer in TYPO3 to avoid that kind of
problems. There are situation where a referer check won't harm (e.g.
intranet surroundings), but in the web it's not reliable.

Regards
Thorsten