[Typo3] wsbanner adding banner

Patrick Deelman morphje at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:57:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

I recently was asked to add a banner to the page. The page uses wsbanners.
And to add multiple banners it was suggested on the wsbanners page to use
the bannerType=Side for all banners.

But in this template they have done it differently. (see bottom)

Now my question is how to add another banner without totally reorganising
the page. If i added another side banner with nr3 and nr3 gets nr4 then the
third banner isn't displayed anymore and the second banner is repeated on
the 3th spot. (the changes are marked with // below)

Basicly my question: How to solve this problem without altering the template
too much.

diagram (sortof)
[old situation]
banner1
banner2
banner3

[new situation with changes]
banner1
banner2
banner2

includeLibs.wsbanner = typo3conf/ext/ws_banner/pi1/class.tx_wsbanner_pi1.php
temp.wsbanner = USER_INT
temp.wsbanner {
userFunc = tx_wsbanner_pi1->main
bannerType = Top