[Typo3] TMENU_LAYERS Alternative?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:04:07 CEST 2005

Hi again,

On 08/09/05, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> Hey Christopher,
>
> yes we have been looking at 'suckerfish' and we like that a lot better
> then the current TMENU_LAYERS.
> But are you saying that you build suckerfish with just TMENU?

Yep, works fine. I think Marlies Cohen might have even written a
tutorial for it... In any case, as long as you can do the CSS, it's
easy with TMENU, because the markup is just unordered lists...

lib.navMenu = HMENU
lib.navMenu {
  1 = TMENU
  1 {
    wrap = <ul>|</ul>

    NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
  }

  2 < 1.
}

...is about all you need.

> Basicly what I would like to have is TMENU_LAYERS but much less lighter...

I guess you mean 'lighter', not 'less lighter' ;-)

> The reason I need to have full menu's is because otherwise I will create
> 'black spots' on my sites,
> place people can't go to because there is no navigation....
>
> I like suckerfish because if it's light code no JS except for IE..... I
> have seen other menu system but they
> are based to much on JS I really want to see the links in my HTML for
> SEO reasons. (we use google sitemap to).
>
> Do you have any example or do have doc about XCLASSING TMENU_LAYERS?

Not me...I hate the code the _LAYERS stuff produces.

-Christopher