[Typo3] TMENU_LAYERS Alternative?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Sep 8 20:58:08 CEST 2005

Christopher wrote:

>Hi Ries,
>
>On 08/09/05, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
>

>>Hey All,
>>
>>has anybody create a alternative for TMENU_LAYERS???
>>My current problem is that when people navigate to deep into our site that
>>the generated Menu system take to much of my total site content (Search
>>Engines don't like that in general).
>>If nobody did that, is there any documentation out there so I can XCLASS
>>TMENU_LAYERS to my own system..
>>

>What sort of alternative do you need? For example, I've had little
>difficulty building 'suckerfish' style CSS-only menus (using a .htc
>file or similar with IE) as TMENUs. It seems like it shouldn't be much
>of a problem to limit the menus on a current page to pages on the same
>level etc...
>
>There are also one or two GPL javascript flyout menus I've seen that
>are MUCH better (with respect to code output) than *MENU_LAYERS that I
>*think* could be built as TMENUs, but I haven't actually tried to find
>out for sure...
>
>-Christopher

Hey Christopher,

yes we have been looking at 'suckerfish' and we like that a lot better
then the current TMENU_LAYERS.
But are you saying that you build suckerfish with just TMENU?
Basicly what I would like to have is TMENU_LAYERS but much less lighter...

The reason I need to have full menu's is because otherwise I will create
'black spots' on my sites,
place people can't go to because there is no navigation....

I like suckerfish because if it's light code no JS except for IE..... I
have seen other menu system but they
are based to much on JS I really want to see the links in my HTML for
SEO reasons. (we use google sitemap to).

Do you have any example or do have doc about XCLASSING TMENU_LAYERS?

cheers,
Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/