[Typo3] Using tscobj

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 5 15:02:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying out the tscobj plugin. In the documentation, it says that
you can pick more or less any of the TypoScript objects exposed in the
plugin's browser and it will display on the page. Thinking back to a
problem a colleague and me had a while ago, I tried to set up a browse
menu on some page, but I can't make it work.

First script I tried is this:

lib.toto = HMENU
lib.toto {
   special = browse
   special.value.data = TSFE:id
   special.items = next|prev
   wrap = <p>|</p>
}

my problem being to get the page's ID because the script doesn't seem
aware of the page it is executed in.

I then tried something like:

lib.page_id = TEXT
lib.page_id.data = TSFE:id

lib.toto = HMENU
lib.toto {
   special = browse
   special.value < lib.page_id
   special.items = next|prev
   wrap = <p>|</p>
}

While lib.page_id does retrieve the correct value, I don't know how to
pass it to lib.toto.special.value.

I also tried special.value = id and special.value = pid, but to no
avail.

The result is that nothing gets displayed, except the wrap.

Any ideas?

François Suter
Directeur technique